Saturday, December 10, 2011

When you get directions from Google Maps, do they assume you're driving the speed limit?

For example, if I get directions from google maps, how fast do they assume i'm driving? If it estimates my highway trip to be 3 and a half hours, is it under the presumption that I'm going 65? Should I expect to arrive earlier than the estimated time if I usually average between 75-79 on the highway?|||They also consider traffic so you could be faster without speeding.|||They go by the posted speed limit on every section of road


I seriously doubt if you average 75-79 mph on the highway


If that is indeed the case then your mean speed is in the 90+mph range|||Yes they go by the posted speed limits so if you speed and don't hit rush our Traffic you should shave off a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment