Saturday, December 24, 2011

Help w/directions to Jacksonville NC from Baltimore

PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME DIRECTIONS FROM MAPQUEST, GOOGLE, ETC. I WANT PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY DROVE THE ROUTE, THANKS.


My uncle gave me directions to Jacksonville NC and he claims its a quick route.


I'm driving down alone next week with my toddler son and I just want to verify his directions are good.


Anyway, he said to take 95 South after passing over in to North Carolina take 64 East than 17 south to Camp Lejuene. (I'm pretty familiar with Jacksonville once I do get there). Can someone tell me if these are good directions? It's a lot less turns than mapquest or google gives me.


Thanks :)|||What I would recommend and what I typically do when traveling is to buy an Atlas (with all states) and keep it in your car. When I need to take a trip somewhere I have never been, I look at mapquest and then find the route on the map that takes me in the straightest/least complicated route. I also will write out some directions to have to glance at in route if need be. Then if something happens like a detour because of construction or other, then I can find my way back to the route I am supposed to take. If you dont want to buy an atlas then simply print off the state and areas you will be driving thru off of mapquest or google.





I can tell you that once you get onto 17 its a straight shot to Jacksonville.





Also make sure that your relatives know when you are leaving and have an estimate on when you should arrive. Have contact numbers with you just in case you have car trouble you can call a relative. Also if possible drive during the daylight hours if you can help it as recently (not in an area you will be driving thru) there were reports of 2 men attempting to force 2 different female drivers off the road in the early morning hours.





Get your car checked out a couple of days before the trip(oil changed, coolant levels checked,Transmission fluid levels checked, tires checked, also have spare tire checked as it sucks to be on the side of the road and your spare is flat, verify inspection sticker and tag are current etc). |||Yes, your directions are good. 95 will get you down there the quickest. Safe Travels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment