Friday, December 16, 2011

Help! Need driving directions through Chicago!?

I am driving from Milwaukee through Chicago (first time) to eventually get onto I-65 South, and I need some clarification. The directions from Google Map tell me "Slight left at I-90 E (signs for Interstate 90 Skyway/Indiana Toll Rd)" - Now is that an actual exit I am taking? Will I have to get onto I-90 itself? And then the next step says "Slight right at Cline Ave/IN-912 E (signs for Cline Ave E)" - does that mean I take the exit for Cline Ave? Is there an easier way to get to I-65 South, possibly on a road that requires no tolls? I would not mind if the route is a bit longer, so long the directions are easier to understand.|||I 94 south thru Chicago. Just past downtown Chicago stay in the left two lanes. These lanes will put you onto the express lanes of I-94. Stay on I-94 as it changes direction from south to east. After Torrence ave, you will enter Indiana. Stay on I-94 until you see the signs for I-65 south. The exit is just past the Broadway exit. There is construction in the I-94/I-65 interchange. While it looks like it will take about a hour to get to I-65, that will not be the case unless there is an accident.


If time is an issue, take the I-90/Chicago Skyway exit from I-94 just past 63rd. Stay on I-90 until you see the exit for I-65. There is construction on I-90 past the Cline Ave exit. Lane restrictions due to a road widening/rebuilding project. Lane restrictions last past the Broadway exit in Gary IN. You can exit I-90 at the Cline Ave. to avoid the construction on east bound I-90 in Gary. Take Cline Ave south to I-94 east to I-65 south. No construction on I-65 until you are south of the Rte 2 Lowell exit. Unless the project is complete.


It is good that you do not blindly trust the instructions on Google Map. I always look on the maps after using Google Maps or Mapquest.


Hope I have helped. Any more questions, please ask away.|||head dead west and turn left at albuquerque/bugs bunny will take you the rest of the way

No comments:

Post a Comment